Online Blackjack: Basic Rules
Online Blackjack, also known as 21, have gained popularity in India during the last few years. If you are curious about this classic casino game and want to start playing the game, you’ve come to the right place.
This Blackjack tutorial is written in such a way that you can get all the information regarding the Blackjack games. Stay with us and discover all you should know about one of the most famous casino table games.
Where To Play Online Blackjack?
It is straightforward to find out sites where Indian players can play Blackjack games. You need to have a mobile device, tablet, or PC with an active Internet Connection to start playing one of the best casino games.
A ton of casino websites offers Indian Players the possibility of playing online blackjack.
It will be better for you to join the online casino sites that accept the currency of Indian Rupees to enjoy a seamless experience with the transactions.
However, here’s what you need to know before you decide to join an online casino where you could play online blackjack:
- Find any trusted online casinos that offer blackjack games and create an account on that site by filling in your basic details.
- Then, you have to make your initial deposit by using your preferred payment method.
- Claim the online casino bonus. You can claim various promotional offers like a welcome bonus, promotional bonus, etc. You can use these casino bonuses to play casino games or even bet on sports.
- Now, you can start exploring the vast universe of online casinos.
Hurray! You have gone through some basic steps towards playing the first blackjack games. But you’ll need to understand blackjack rules and craft your very own blackjack strategy.
Advantages of Playing Online Blackjack
It is easy to play this casino table game online, and this blackjack tutorial will help you learn how to play blackjack.
Online Blackjack is open to everyone irrespective of their age or financial status. Basically everyone can enjoy the fun experience while playing online Blackjack games as long as he meets the online casino’s terms and conditions.
In short, you can play online Blackjack games at your home on your mobile device or computer with an active Internet connection. The HD streaming of BlackJack live is providing a real casino like experience to their players.
How to Play Blackjack: Online Blackjack Rules
It would be best if you learned Blackjack rules before jumping to the game. You’ll need to know a few basic rules of playing online blackjack games, like how to place bets, how to choose your move, and how to determine your score.
There are many variations of blackjack games. Every variation has different rules, but we will cover here the rules of traditional blackjack games.
The objective of the game
Every player plays against the dealer. The player needs to have the face value closer to 21 but not more than it to win the game.
Your cards’ face value must be bigger than the face value of the dealer’s cards. If the dealer’s card’s face value is more than your cards’ face value, you will lose the game.
But it is important to note that if your cards’ face value is more than 21, you lose. Before the dealer starts giving out the playing card, every player has to place his/her initial bet.
The players can start placing their bet with as low as Rs.5 in these online casino sites. The limit of the maximum bet is different in different online casino sites. Some of the casino sites have no limit on the maximum bet.
Cards Value in blackjack games
- Every number card has an equal value to the number on the card, i.e., it can have any value from 2 to 10.
- All picture cards (Jacks, Queens, and Kings) have a value of 10.
- The value of Ace can be either 10 or 1.
The Basics of Blackjack
Blackjack games are different from some other types of table games because players in this game compete against the dealer instead of competing against each other.
When blackjack starts, the dealer gives two cards to every player, including you. He will also take two cards. The dealer will continue to draw cards for himself unless he has a total of 17 or higher. Then you’ll be asked to draw additional cards. You can give the command “Hit me” to the dealer, and he’ll take a card. You can use this command as many times as you want till you don’t bust.
You will achieve an outright blackjack when the face value of your cards reaches exactly 21. But you will be bust when your card total crosses that number. You can command “stand” or “no more cards” when you are satisfied with your cards and don’t want to add new ones. The dealer will draw to himself when you stand.
The result will be a “push” when both you and the dealer reach the same value of the cards. In other words, it’s the case of a tied score. The money of both the player and the house will be returned to them.
While playing the game, you need to be familiar with the glossary and know what some of the basic blackjack terms mean:
- Double Down: When you think that you can beat the dealer with one more card, Double Down may be helpful to you. This opportunity helps you to double the initial bet. You should only use it if you have initial cards in a favorable situation. You can only draw one card. After it, you have to stand. You will win if the dealer achieves a smaller value than you; otherwise, you bust.
- Split: When you have the first two initial cards numerically identical (like 9,9), these cards will be called ‘Pair.’ If you have great initial cards, you can use the option of splitting these cards into two active hands.
Online Blackjack Best Casino Games
The players can enjoy different variants of online blackjack games. Game inventors have been developing many variants so that players would not get bored with the traditional blackjack. Some of the most common options are the following ones:
American Blackjack is also known as Classic Blackjack. It is the most popular version of the game. It is easy to play and it’s a great start for all the beginners who want to embark on a great online casino adventure.
This variant has more restrictions on various aspects of gameplay compared to American blackjack. The major difference between the American and European Blackjack is one card. You’d say that it’s not important, but the dedicated players know what a difference it can make. In the European version of the game the dealer can only receive the second card after all the players have played.
American vs. European Blackjack
In fact, some of the differences between the American and European Blackjack games are the following ones:
- Like we have said before, the major difference between the American and European blackjack is the Hole Card. In American versions of the Blackjack casino games, the dealer gets two cards – one is face-up, and another one is face down, or we can say that one card is covered and the other is uncovered. The face-down card is known as the Hole Card. If the dealer gets the value of the face-up card as 10, King, Queen, Ace, or Joker, the dealer can see the value of the face-down card or uncovered card before allowing the players to play their hands. It will be the end of the game if the dealer gets 21.
- In the European version of Blackjack, There is no Hole Card. That’s why it is also called the No Hole Card game. Here, the dealer can draw the second card only after every player has played.
- In the American version of the blackjack, the players are allowed to double the bet with any number. However, in the American blackjack, the player can double the bet only when they have a total face value of more than 9.
- In the American version, the players can use the surrender option at any time and get a return of 50% of their initial bet. But the European blackjack games do not provide this option to their players.
This variant is one of the most popular blackjack options. In 2009, Geoff Hall had patented it. The Blackjack switch’s unique feature that is making it different from other variations is that every player plays two hands simultaneously. You can create the optimal hands by swapping the top 2 cards. Hence, it has one of the highest RTP.
Super Fun 21
One of the popular blackjack variants in Las Vegas casinos is the Super Fun 21. Playing Super Fun 21 is an entertaining variation of blackjack. This variant has many rules that are making the game more favorable to the players. It is played with a single deck. It is similar to the classic blackjack, but its payout structure is a bit different.
A player who has 20 always wins when it is made up of six or more cards. Also, the player will always win if he/she has a total face value of 21 made up of five or more cards – In this case, the player will enjoy payout in 2:1. The natural blackjack of a player always wins against the dealer’s natural blackjack.
Richard Epstein, an American game theorist, invented the Double Exposure. In October 1979, it was played for the first time at Vegas World casino. This game was initially known as “Zweikartenspiel.” But players adopted the name “Double Exposure” because it reflects the unique feature of this game.
In this variation, the dealer reveals both his/her cards. You can immediately view the cards of the dealer. This feature is favorable to the player, but there are many other rules to compensate for it. For example, an even money payout instead of a 3:2 payout structure, the dealer wins the game on all ties (except when both the dealer and the player have a natural blackjack). The players are allowed to split their hand only once.
The other rules of this variant depend on the casino. For example, the casino can include whether the dealer has to stand or hit on a soft 17.
Playing casino blackjack live is a different experience than playing a regular online blackjack game. You can see the dealer through a webcam and he can communicate to you through a microphone. Live HD streaming of blackjack is providing you nearly with the same experience as the one you get while playing in a real-life casino.
Once you decide to play online blackjack, you’ll understand why it is crucial to craft your own blackjack strategy which allows you to enjoy the game. If you start looking up for different blackjack tips you’ll find very different suggestions. That’s because there’s no one single recommendation which works all the time.
The only useful piece of advice is to make sure to understand the rules of the game, find a reputable online casino and play responsibly.